The Griffin Identity All Clear for iPhone 6 Plus is an attractive clear case which does a great job of balancing protection and good looks. Sure, if you want an extreme level of protection, you can go with Griffin’s well-reviewed Survivor line, or another super-protective case, but most people simply don’t need or want that level of protection. The Griffin Identity Case promises 4 foot drop protection, which is really the sweet spot in drop protection. If you are taking your phone out of your pocket and drop it, or if it falls off the kitchen table, or if you drop it while texting…all of these typically fall under the 4 foot drop protection umbrella. So if you want to be able to enjoy the beauty and slimness of your iPhone 6 Plus while still remaining reasonably protected, this may be the perfect case for you.
1. Slim profile
2. Clear polycarbonate back and slightly frosted TPU sides showcase your iPhone’s beauty
3. TPU sides provide a decent amount of grip, while still sliding easily in and out of pockets and purses
4. Volume and sleep/wake buttons are nice and clicky and mute switch is easily accessible
5. Port openings are precisely located and sufficiently large for most 3rd party lightning cables and/or headphones
6. Ability to switch out polycarbonate backplate for a different look
7. Four foot drop protection!
8. Great feel in the hand
1. Slightly difficult to get on and off the phone because of the two piece design. Not a deal-breaker, by any means, but you just have to be sure to position the polycarbonate back plate properly.