Not surprisingly, the Thule Atmos X3 for iPhone 6 is an outstanding case. Every Thule product that I have encountered has been fantastically well made and this is no exception. I’ve had the Thule Atmos X3 for my 6 Plus for more than 3 months and have been very impressed with its quality, so when my 16 year old daughter upgraded to the iPhone 6 at Christmas, the Thule Atmos X3 was the obvious case choice for her phone. After all, with the tough life of a teenager’s phone, you need all the protection you can get! Interestingly, however, she didn’t take any convincing to go with the Thule Atmos X3 case for her new phone–she had been admiring mine for months and she specifically requested it. Win-win!
Why is the Thule Atmos X3 great?
1. Solid construction: It is made of TPE rubber and thick polycarbonate plastic and feels incredibly well made.
2. Tons of grip without stickiness. The TPE rubber on the sides and large parts of the back of the phone is grippy enough to stay in your hand securely and be easy to pick up from a flat surface without fumbling, but it is also easy to slide in and out of pockets and doesn’t attract lint.
3. Nice button clickiness and well placed port cutouts overall.
4. Attractive design that comes in a variety of fun colors.
5. Fantastic Thule quality and a 25 year guarantee!
What’s a little irritating about it?
1. Cutout for lightning port is so small that none of my third party lightning cables would fit in it. Perhaps Thule will fix this issue with later versions of the case.
Overall, I absolutely love this case, and its big brother for the 6 Plus. The case feels incredibly solid on the iPhone 6 and looks great as well. It is available from REI, Best Buy, Amazon,
and is usually (but appears to be out of stock currently) available directly from Thule at:
Finally, if you’d like more details on this outstanding case, here is a link to my YouTube review on the Thule Atmos X3: