The ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air and iPad Air 2 is a case with an innovative design that works with a variety of proprietary ZeroChroma mounts. Its innovation comes in two areas—its neat slide-off cover and its integrated, 360 degree, adjustable angle, rotating stand. These two aspects elevate it above the crowd of iPad Air cases, but it also distinguishes itself by being lightweight and comfortable to use. It’s a great iPad Air/Air 2 case and is definitely worthy of your consideration.
What’s great about it?
* Slide off cover: Love the screen protection of having a cover on your iPad Air when you slide it into your bag, but hate having it in the way when you are using your iPad Air? The ZeroChroma Folio-Slide is perfect for you! With one quick motion, you can attach or remove the cover as you please.
* Mount Compatibility: The groove at the top of the TPU case that the cover slides in and out of is compatible with ZeroChroma’s headrest mount and all-purpose slide mount (reviewed here)
* Magnetic Sleep/Wake: It’s surprising how many cases don’t have this feature, or have it implemented poorly. It works flawlessly in the Folio-Slide case.
* Cool Stand: ZeroChroma’s Flux-Stand, built into the back of the case, rotates 360 degrees and adjusts to a wide range of angles. It works really well and makes this case particularly special.
* Nice to hold: Case and cover are both quite lightweight and pleasant to hold.
What’s not so great?
* Loose fit: the TPU back case fits a little more loosely than most cases I have reviewed—perhaps because I am using the thinner iPad Air 2, rather than the slightly thicker iPad Air, which this case also fits.
* Extra port openings: If you are super-picky, the fact that this case has a few extra openings that allow it to fit with both versions of the iPad Air (1 and 2) might potentially bother you. This is absolutely not an issue for me, but it does need to be pointed out.
Overall, this is an absolutely wonderful iPad Air 2 case. I found the adjustability of the stand angles to be much more helpful than I had expected, especially when I was reading in bed. The ability to change the angle of the iPad just a little bit to achieve the perfect viewing angle was surprisingly useful, and I loved the versatility of being able to use the Folio-Slide case with or without its cover. Many thanks to the kind people at ZeroChroma for sending me out this sample to review.
The ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 1 and 2 comes in purple, red, teal, grey and black and can be purchased directly from ZeroChroma at:
or BestBuy at:
Finally, if you’d like more details on this outstanding case, here is a link to my YouTube review on the ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air (1 and 2):
And here’s a few additional pictures of this outstanding case if you are interested: