The Griffin Identity Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus is another great Griffin case. With 4 ft drop protection, this case raises the bar for wallet cases, which typically provide protection for the screen, but often skimp on protection in other areas.
What’s great about it?
* Protective: meets standards for 4 foot drop protection
* Outstanding magnetic clasp: often, wallet cases have weak or nonexistent closure systems. The Griffin Identity has an excellent magnetic clasp which ensures that your contents stay where they belong, and keeps the cover shut to protect your phone’s screen in the event of a tumble.
* Ultra-Slim: OK, perhaps that is a slight overstatement. There are thinner wallet cases out there, but not any with 4 ft drop protection. Overall, the Identity Wallet is quite slim.
* Reasonably capacious: the Identity has three card slots, and it is possible to squeeze more than one card in a slot, although if you don’t plan to do that on a regular basis, it is probably not advisable as it will stretch out the card slot.
* Case does not look obese when cards are inside: Some wallet cases have no problem fitting cards into their card slots, but when you close them up, they look obese. The Griffin Identity Wallet does not—in fact, you can barely notice the difference in the case’s side view when it has three cards versus no cards. Very impressive on Griffin’s part.
* Attractive wallet design: the Identity Wallet has nice design touches, such as the decorative piping on the back and the sides. It is a nice, sleek looking wallet.
* Viewing stand: this wallet case easily folds into a viewing stand, which is a great feature I wish all wallet cases had.
What’s not so great?
* Viewing stand could be slightly sturdier. Because the material of the cover that makes up the viewing stand is thin and flexible, it flexes some when used as a stand. The stand still works fine, however.
* Case has a slightly loose fit: the sides of the Identity Wallet flex a bit if you push them. I would personally prefer a bit tighter fit, but it is not a deal-breaker by any means.
Overall, this is a great wallet case. Griffin has done a very good quality job on it. It doesn’t have the largest capacity I’ve seen, but its three card slot capacity is quite respectable and its strong magnetic clasp does an excellent job of keeping your cards and phone safe when they are inside.
The Griffin Identity Wallet for iPhone 6 Plus retails for $39.99 and can be purchased directly from Griffin at:
or it can be purchased from Amazon.com:
For the truly curious, here are a few more pictures of the Griffin Identity Wallet Case, as well as my YouTube review: