The Charge Case by Acme Made is a nicely made polycarbonate case with two surprises: a well designed pop-out kickstand and a hidden lightning cable. It is available for both the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus and comes in two colors: Matte Grey with a Glossy Poppy Kickstand, and Matte Black with a Glossy Black Kickstand. It’s a sharp looking case that performs its special functions quite well.
1. Nicely constructed: the case is made of a heavy-duty polycarbonate and fit and finish is excellent.
2. Kickstand works well: the pop-out kickstand that hides the lightning cable can be used in either portrait or landscape mode and is stable in both orientations.
3. Mini Lightning cable rocks! The little lightning cable—a fun orangey-red color in the color combination I was given to review—is small, but capable. I can definitely see it coming in handy!
1. Back is not flat: due to kickstand/lightning cable storage, the case won’t lie flat. However, this is less of an issue than it could be. because people are likely to use the case in kickstand mode, rather than lying flat.
2. Somewhat slippery: being made of all polycarbonate, this case does not have much grip. This is more of an issue for some people than others—it all comes down to personal preference.
3. Not especially protective: although the polycarbonate construction is quite strong, the case is completely open at the bottom and the side buttons are uncovered. In a tumble, there might be issues.
Overall, I really like the Acme Made Charge Case–many thanks to the kind folks at Acme Made for sending it out to me to review. It is innovative and well done. Perhaps the next iteration might have a bit more grip 🙂 It can be purchased directly from Acme Made for $49.99:
For more details on this case, check out my YouTube video review: