Crafted from a lightweight honeycombed TPU fused to a hard polycarbonate shell, The Uolo Guardian case comes in a rainbow of colors and is a fun, cheerful case for your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. If you want a less common case that stands out from the crowd and you don’t mind a bit of bulk, the Uolo Guardian could be the case for you!
1. Color choice: ten bright, cheerful colors to choose from
2. Hand feel: Uolo Guardian has a curved back that nestles against your palm, giving it quite a pleasant feel.
3. Reasonably protective: To my knowledge, Uolo has not drop tested these cases, but the TPU/polycarbonate construction seems quite sturdy, has a good lip, and gives coverage to all buttons and port openings, so I expect it should provide moderate drop protection
4. Lightweight: For its size, the case is quite light due to its honeycomb construction.
4. Lanyard attachment loop: if you like attaching lanyards to your iPhones, Uolo has a place to do it, while many manufacturers do not.
5. Screen protector: comes with a plastic screen protector, a touch many manufacturers do not add anymore. I didn’t try the screen protector, as I have a Zagg Glass tempered glass screen protector on my iPhone 6 Plus, but it is nice that they include one.
1. Won’t lay flat on a table: the curved back design of the Uolo Guardian, while feeling nice in the hand, means it can’t lie flat on its back. If you like to use your iPhone when it is lying on a table or desk, the Uolo Guardian may not be the case for you.
2. Minor Port Opening Misalignment on the iPhone 6 Version: port openings on the iPhone 6, especially the speaker holes, are not as well positioned as those on the iPhone 6 Plus.
3. Rather bulky: this is not a thin case. However, its bulk probably makes it more protective, so it all depends upon what you are looking for in a case. And for its size, it is quite lightweight.
Overall, the Uolo Guardian is a nice case to use despite its relative bulk. It feels quite secure in my hand and I like the bright, cheerful colors. For me, the deal-breaker is the curved back, because I like to use my iPhone when it is lying flat on my desk. If this is not part of your iPhone routine, and you like the fun colors and cheerful personality of the case, check out the Uolo Guardian on Uolo’s website:
Here are a few more pictures of the Uolo Guardian:
And here is my YouTube video review, for even more Uolo excitement: