Kavaj is a German company which makes beautiful leather products; I had previously reviewed their leather cases for the iPhone 6 Plus—the Dallas, the Tokyo and the Miami and had been very impressed. So when they sent me out the Hamburg case for the iPad Air 2 to review, I had very high expectations. Fortunately, they were met, and more. I have to say that I am probably even more impressed with the Hamburg case than I am with the three iPhone 6 Plus cases I reviewed. It has a lovely feel to it, and is slightly padded to protect your iPad Air 2.
What’s great about it:
1. Fantastic leather quality
2. Excellent stitching and finish-out
3. Stand is stable, with multiple viewing angles, and works very well.
4. Very stable typing angle holds iPad firmly in place.
5. Port openings are all nicely positioned and the power and volume buttons are covered and nicely clicky.
What’s not so great?
1. Velcro closure that holds your iPad Air 2 inside the leather case has oddly sharp edges, so you have to be careful when running your finger along it. Fortunately, this is only an issue when taking your iPad Air 2 out of the case, which you probably won’t do too often. Believe me, this is such a great case that once you have your iPad Air 2 inside it, you won’t want to take it out!
Conclusion: This is an absolutely wonderful iPad Air 2 case. It beats out my Apple Smart Case, in my opinion, because the leather feels more premium, the stand function works better, and it feels much more protective of its precious cargo. Plus, at the current price of $59.99, it is less expensive! Check it out—you won’t be disappointed!
Finally, if you’d like more details on this outstanding case, here is a link to my YouTube review: