The Griffin Survivor All-Terrain for iPhone 6 Plus is an excellent heavy duty protective case which you can get in custom color combinations. How fun is that! While the standard Griffin Survivor All-Terrain case only comes in four colors, you can choose the Survivor Custom Case option on Griffin’s website, and for the same price, have a rainbow of colors to choose from. You get to choose separate colors for the polycarbonate shell, the silicone overwrap and the belt clip and then Griffin will make and send your custom creation to you. It’s a fun way to spice up this seriously protective case.
What’s great about the Griffin Survivor Custom Case?
1. 6.6 foot drop protection, and protection against windblown rain, sand and dust.
2. Solid construction, with covered port openings and a built-in plastic screen protector
3. Nice feel in the hand—the silicone overwrap gives the case a great grip, but doesn’t seem overly sticky.
4. Easy installation and removal.
5. Fun colors!
What’s not so great?
1. Dust filters on the speakers and microphone affect call quality to a degree. Phone function is quite usable, but call quality is not as good as without the case on. This is an issue affecting all protective cases of this type, from my understanding.
Conclusion: The Griffin Survivor All-Terrain is Griffin’s most protective case, and it is easy to see why. The Survivor Core and Survivor Slim have the same level of drop protection, but the Survivor All-Terrain adds serious screen protection and port protection to the mix, and also comes with a belt clip. If you are rough on your iPhone, or you just like to keep it super, ultra safe, than definitely consider the Survivor All-Terrain. The call quality is not ideal, but for some people and some uses, the protective aspect of this case outweighs minor issues such as call quality.
While you can buy the regular Griffin Survivor All-Terrain case for iPhone 6 Plus from Griffin as well as various retailers, the fun Survivor Custom option is only available from Griffin directly. The price is $59.99:
Finally, if you’d like more details on this case, here is a link to my YouTube review:
And a link to my installation video for the Griffin Survivor All-Terrain: