The Imos Solid EX 3D Corning Gorilla Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6+ isn’t easy to install, but once you get it on, it is fabulous! This is a pretty high end screen protector, coming in at around $59, but it is made of genuine Corning Gorilla Glass that has been curved to fit the curved edges of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus screen. Most glass screen protectors that advertise themselves as curved edge to edge accomplish this by fusing the curved bit (usually metal) to a flat piece of tempered glass. Very few can do what Imos has done, and curve the glass itself to match the curves of your iPhone’s screen edges.
What’s great about the Imos Solid EX 3D Corning Gorilla Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6+?
1. Top notch oleophobic coating
2. 9H hardness
3. Corning Gorilla Glass, especially at .55 mm, should be very durable and provide excellent protection to your iPhone’s screen, although I didn’t test that part.
4. Looks absolutely gorgeous on your iPhone
5. Screen protector has a wonderfully slippery surface that is a pleasure to run your fingers across. I prefer it to the original iPhone screen.
What’s not so great?
1. Install is quite demanding compared to screen protectors such as the Zagg Glass, Aegis 3D Curved and iLoome ScreenMate Max. Getting all the little bubbles out which remained after the initial installation took well over an hour despite the use of recommended tools such as rounded pen caps. However, in the end, all the bubbles came out fine and the result was stunning.
2. This screen protector adds a noticeable amount of thickness to the edges of your iPhone and many cases will not work with it as a result.
3. .55 mm is thicker than most tempered glass screen protectors.
Conclusion: Overall, I am absolutely captivated by the Imos Solid EX 3D Curved Corning Gorilla Glass Screen Protector. It was a major pain to get on (and maybe I’m just not good at bubble removal!), but once it is installed, it just looks and feels so marvelous that you will want to stroke your iPhone. However, on the negative side, it won’t fit with many cases, especially cases of the protective sort. Currently, I’m using it with my Kavaj Dallas case, and it works great with that as well as the Kavaj Tokyo. It also works well with the Story Leather Pebbled Back Cover and the Doc Artisan Sport Leather Wallet Combo Case. Helpfully, Imos has published a list on their website for the cases they have tested and found to work with this screen protector. The ones in red do not work: http://www.imos.com.tw/solidexcase/index.html
If you are interested in ordering this screen protector, check out Imos’s website for more information: http://imos.com.tw/3d.html
Also, the Solid EX 3D protector is available for purchase in the U.S. at:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: