I’ve been a huge fan of Doc Artisan products ever since I reviewed their Sport Wallet Combo Case for the iPhone 6 Plus several months back, so when they sent me out their new Artisan Wallet Case to review, my expectations were quite high. Fortunately their new case exceeded my expectations. Wrapped in thick, lustrous leather, the Artisan Wallet Case oozes luxury from every pore. It looks wonderful, feels wonderful and smells wonderful. Functionally, everything works very well. It is a very competent wallet and the magnetically attached phone cradle is rock solid. In my testing, it took significant shaking to dislodge the phone cradle from the wallet.
1. High quality leather is a pleasure to look at and to hold. Appearance of the Artisan Wallet Case is a bit more refined than the Sport Wallet Combo Case (v.3), giving it a very sleek and sophisticated appearance.
2. Four card slots and two slide pockets provide significant storage.
3. Phone cradle is held very strongly to the wallet via magnets, making an accidental drop quite unlikely.
4. Ability to remove the phone cradle and use it separately from the wallet is very convenient.
5. Comes with a plastic screen protector, which is a nice touch. I didn’t actually try out the screen protector, as I already had a Rhinoshield screen protector on my 6 Plus, but it is nice that they included it, as many companies omit screen protectors these days.
1. Unlike Doc Artisan’s Sport Wallet Case, there is no closure strap or other closure mechanism to keep the wallet shut.
2. Not surprisingly, the Artisan Wallet Case doesn’t close as well when all four card slots and two slide pockets are filled, but this is very common for this type of wallet case and really shouldn’t be held against it.
Conclusion: I just love this case. It is extremely pleasing to use due to to the high quality of materials used and the functional design. You can purchase the Artisan Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus directly from Doc Artisan for $85:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: