If you are in the market for a Bluetooth keyboard case for your iPad Air 2 and you want a little extra protection, you should definitely consider the Griffin Turnfolio with Keyboard for iPad Air 2. Being a Griffin product, it is extra protective, and provides a full 6 feet of drop protection for your precious iPad Air 2. A three piece set, it consists of an outer folio cover which wraps around a removable Bluetooth keyboard and an equally removable iPad Air 2 inner shell case. So if you want to use the iPad Air 2 sans folio and keyboard, you can easily do so, and be assured of six foot drop protection while doing so. Once you snap the inner shell back into the folio cover, you can prop it up securely in a number of viewing angles in both landscape and portrait orientations. The Bluetooth keyboard attaches lightly to the folio case via magnets, but can be used while attached or detached.
1. Bluetooth keyboard pairs easily and works very well. Keyboard arrangement is nice and key action is good.
2. The ability to use the folio stand in either portrait or landscape orientation is a pleasant surprise.
3. Six foot drop protection is unusual and welcome!
4. The ability to easily detach the inner shell from the outer folio makes this a very flexible solution.
5. The Turnfolio Keyboard Case provides a solid and easy to use typing environment.
1. Rather thick and heavy.
2. Volume and power buttons on the inner shell are quite stiff.
3. Auto sleep/wake feature works inconsistently. You have to have things positioned just right for it to work.
Conclusion: Overall, this is an excellent product if you need the drop protection that it provides. Everything works very well (with the exception of the spotty sleep/wake functionality) and it is a pleasant product to use. It isn’t the slimmest or sexiest Bluetooth keyboard case out there, but it is a good, solid product that definitely fills a niche. Griffin has the Turnfolio with Keyboard priced pretty fairly at $99.99; it can be purchased directly from Griffin or from Amazon or various other retailers.
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: