I’ve been a fan of Doc Artisan since I reviewed their Sport Combo Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus—the predecessor to this case—back in March of 2015, so I was thrilled to get the opportunity to review this updated version of a favorite case. The new Sport Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus comes with several new features: it now has a clear ID window in the wallet section for a driver’s license or family photo, it has a wider, repositioned strap, and, most notably, it now has a stand function. The new and improved version is now a bit more expensive as well, but I guess that goes with the territory. These cases are most definitely not cheaply made!
1. Excellent construction! Full grain, vegetable-tanned leather is a pleasure to use, and stitching is impeccable.
2. New stand functionality is a welcome addition to the Sport Wallet Case. It works especially well in the 6 Plus version, but is great in the iPhone 6 model as well.
3. Design of outer wallet case allows you to take pictures without removing the inner iPhone bumper. This is a significant improvement over the previous generation Sport Wallet Case.
4. Magnets holding the inner iPhone bumper case to the outer wallet case are strong and secure.
5. Ability to easily remove and reattach the magnetically attached inner iPhone bumper case makes this a very functional case. It’s very nice to be able to ditch the outer wallet for those times you want something a bit more slimline.
6. Three colors, each with a distinct texture of leather, give you a variety of options to choose from.
7. With three card slots and a clear ID pocket on the 6 Plus version and two card slots + ID pocket for the 6, the Sport Wallet has significant storage space for cards. In addition, there are two slide pockets for cash or receipts on the 6 Plus, and one for the 6.
8. The new, wider, elastic strap on the Sport Wallet is nice for those times when you want a little more security.
1. Not a lightweight! This case is substantial.
This is an outstanding leather wallet case for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. As a 6 Plus owner, I’m partial to the 6 Plus version—it has more storage space and can do a better job in replacing your everyday wallet. Both versions of this case are great, though.
Available directly from Doc Artisan for $85 (iPhone 6) and $95 (iPhone 6 Plus), the Sport Wallet Case is available in Pebbled Tan, Vintage Brown and Classic Black leather:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here are links to my YouTube reviews on both versions:
iPhone 6 Plus: