Dreem’s Fibonacci Wallet for iPhone 6 Plus is a surprisingly beautifully put together product. With the plethora of poorly made leather and vegan leather wallet cases on Amazon, it is a pleasure to come across a case like the Fibonacci which is nicely constructed, well designed, and reasonably priced. Several viewers had requested that I take a look at the Fibonacci, given that I had reviewed many similar wallet cases, and I am happy I did. Featuring a magnetically attached detachable inner iPhone shell, the Fibonacci has three card slots and one slide pocket. It has a very sturdy stand feature which can be used in both portrait and landscape orientation and it closes via a strong magnetic clasp. Unlike most of the wallet cases I have reviewed, the Fibonacci Wallet Case is vegan leather rather than genuine leather, but it is nicely constructed and boasts a robust feature set.
1. Magnets are very strong on this wallet case. The inner phone shell attaches very securely to the outer case both in the folio position and when using the stand functionality.
2. Magnetic closure on the wallet is quite strong as well, and closes the wallet case securely with and without cards and cash in the wallet.
3. Vegan leather material looks very nice, and feels smooth and pleasant in the hand. There is no chemical smell to the wallet at all, but there is also no ‘leather smell’, as this not made of genuine leather. This also results in the wallet case being less grippy.
4. Stitching looks great, and the the wallet has a very nice fit and finish.
5. Stand feature works extremely well, particularly in the landscape position. It works in portrait as well, which is an unusual feature, but is less secure.
6. Due to the metal and magnets in the Fibonacci, it can be used easily with magnetic car mounts without having to attach any special adhesive disks.
7. Opening for ear speaker in the front cover allows phone calls to continue with the front cover closed.
8. Apple Pay is unaffected by the magnets in the case and can be used while the inner shell is nested inside the outer wallet case with no issues.
9. Unsurprisingly, the inner shell of the Fibonacci Wallet Case is easily mountable with magnetic car mounts.
1. There is a hole for the camera in the outer wallet case, and it works fine for regular photos, but flash photos get a reflection back from the edges of the camera opening, resulting in a haze on the photos. This is not a problem for the photography with the inner shell case, only when the inner shell is attached to the outer wallet case. As the inner shell case can be removed from the outer wallet very easily for photography purposes, this is not a big problem, but it needs to be mentioned.
2. I have concerns about how well the vegan leather material will wear over time in comparison with genuine leather, but my concerns may be unfounded. At least for now, the case looks great.
3. Vegan leather does not have the grip that genuine leather does, so this case is a little on the slippery side.
Conclusion: Overall, I think the Fibonacci Wallet for iPhone 6 Plus is an extremely nice case for the money. It is priced quite reasonably at $27.88 and has a very nice feature set. If you are looking for a fancy vegetable tanned, full grain leather case, this is not it. However, it isn’t priced like it either!
Available in black, brown and red, the Fibonacci Wallet for iPhone 6 Plus is available from Amazon for $27.88:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: