Looking for a genuine leather wallet case for your iPhone 6 Plus? You might be tempted by the Wetherby Premium Basic Snap Wallet Case, as it describes itself as being 100% handmade and crafted from genuine leather. However, if you thought you were ordering a high quality leather item, you might be a bit disappointed by the package that arrives. Other than an issue with flash photography, the Wetherby Premium Basic Snap Case is a perfectly serviceable wallet case—it’s just made of rather low grade leather. For $49.99, and from the description of the product, I expected something more luxurious. The Wetherby has no smell of leather and it is rather stiff in the hand. However, the construction is nice and the wallet case looks very good overall. The Wetherby does a very credible job as a wallet and holds your iPhone quite securely. The only thing it fails at is flash photography: the camera hole is undersized and causes the flash to be reflected against the sides of the opening, resulting in an unfortunate haze on flash photos. Non-flash photography is unaffected.
1. Reasonably good capacity, with three card slots and two slide pockets.
2. Two position snap closure allows the wallet to be closed via its snap even when stuffed full.
3. Stitching is nicely done, and overall appearance of the wallet is quite attractive.
4. Wallet has a slim profile for its capacity
1. Leather is of lower quality than expected; it may not hold up that well over time.
2. Relatively expensive for what you get.
3. Flash photography develops a haze due to the undersized camera opening.
Overall, the Wetherby is an attractive, competent wallet case for the iPhone 6 Plus, and I thank the folks at DesignSkin, who sell the Wetherby, for sending it out to me to review. However, I think they should either increase the quality of the leather used in the product, or lower the price. It’s good, but it isn’t $50 good.
Should you wish to purchase it, the Wetherby Premium Basic Snap Wallet for iPhone 6 Plus is available in a number of colors from Amazon for $49.99:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: