We’ve all been there: you’re out and about, with no phone charger to be found, and your iPhone is almost dead. If only you had the Mighty Purse—the purse with the built-in battery to charge your phone! Yes, it’s a bit of a gimmick; you could certainly just put a USB battery charger in your purse, but there are advantages to the integrated solution the Mighty Purse provides. Encased in a fabric sleeve which snaps to the interior of the purse, the battery charger is designed to blend in. The USB charging cable is neatly tucked away in a zippered pocket, and the whole arrangement has a very slim form factor that fits neatly into the purse. Plus, it’s a really cute idea.
The nice people at Handbag Butler, who make the Mighty Purse, were kind enough to send me a Mighty Purse in a black leather cross body style to review, but they have many other styles and colors to choose from. If the sample purse they sent me is anything to go by, their purses are very nice quality. Mine is a high quality black cowhide with a removable strap, nice metal zippers, and convenient pockets. Size-wise, I found it to be perfect for carrying my iPhone 6 Plus, wallet, hand sanitizer, lipstick, tissues, and keys. It is just a great overall black leather cross body bag…that also charges my phone! How cool is that 🙂
1. The Mighty Purse battery will charge any smartphone that uses micro-usb or lightning connectors. According to Mighty Purse, it may charge smaller smartphones up to 2 times, but I found that it charged my iPhone 6 Plus only once.
2. The lightweight 4000mAh battery charger snaps neatly into the Mighty Purse and takes up very little space.
3. A convenient LED indicator lets you know how much power the battery charger has left.
4. The Mighty Purse is available in both genuine leather and vegan leather options. Prices start around $90.
1. None, really, except price.
Conclusion: Overall, this is a great idea, and if you are the kind of person whose smartphone is always running out of power—and you like nice purses—it could be perfect for you. Check out all the styles and colors available at:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: