In a world of cookie-cutter iPhone cases, the Mapi Orion Case for iPhone 6+ is one of the most unusual iPhone cases I’ve come across. A genuine leather case with internal polycarbonate iPhone shell, the Orion features a magnetically attached leather screen cover which folds down and to the back into a neat little triangle which can be used as a stand. It is very reminiscent of the Apple Smart Cover, but it has a feature which the Smart Cover lacks—the triangular stand can be twisted 360 degrees, allowing stand functionality in both landscape and portrait modes, and two positions in each mode as well. It is an extremely versatile stand. The construction of the case seems solid, with soft, pebbled leather on the back of the case and on the screen cover/stand, and a soft touch polycarbonate shell case for the iPhone itself.
1. Nice quality genuine leather.
2. Unusual and versatile stand functionality.
3. Attractive, easy to use, magnetically attached screen cover.
4. Good quality construction.
1. Very little lip on the inner iPhone polycarbonate shell.
2. Magnetic attachment of the screen cover is fairly light, so it can be pushed open fairly easily. This will not properly protect the iPhone’s screen in a busy backpack, for example. In gentler situations, it should behave just fine, however.
The Orion is a neat case that really stands out from the crowd and has some very unusual features. If you really like kickstands, and appreciate leather, it could be the case for you! Available directly from Mapicases.com for $59.90, it is available in Black, Red, Camel and Brown:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: