At .33 mm thick, this 9H Pavoscreen tempered glass edge-to-edge screen protector should do a great job protecting your iPhone…and your eyes. For those folks who are concerned about the recent research into the hazards of blue light, this screen protector could be perfect for your needs. Blocking 65% of the blue light emitted from your iPhone, it may help reduce eye strain and help with better sleep patterns.
I certainly am not qualified to review the Pavoscreen Anti Blue Light screen protector in terms of its blue light blocking benefits, but I can definitely comment on its merits as a screen protector. First of all, installation is a breeze due to the excellent installer Pavoscreen includes with the product. All you have to do is make sure that your iPhone screen is perfectly clean and dust free; the installer does all the painstaking work of precisely lining up the screen protector for you. (And for those who have seen or read my review of the Aegis 3D Tempered Glass Screen Protector and wonder at the similarity of the applicator, it is a patented product of Pavoscreen’s and they license Aegis to use it.) Once installed, the Pavoscreen screen protector is an overall pleasure to use, with its excellent fit and oleophobic coating. The only downside with this Pavoscreen screen protector is that its optical clarity appears to be impacted by its blue light blocking. It imparts a very slight haze, which becomes more noticeable in sunlight.
1. Excellent applicator! The applicator patented by Pavoscreen is the best screen protector applicator I have come across.
2. Very good oleophobic coating. It is a pleasure to slide your fingers across this screen protector. Any fingerprints or smears are easy to wipe away.
3. Edge to edge design with curved edges almost makes it look like you don’t have a screen protector on at all.
4. 9H hardness should do a good job in protecting against scratches. 9H should only be vulnerable to substances like diamond…and sand.
5. Screen protector should protect your eyes from the evils of blue light, hopefully resulting in better sleep patterns and less eyestrain.
1. Optical clarity is somewhat reduced. There is a slight haze to this screen protector, probably part of its blue blocking power.
2. Like all edge to edge screen protectors, not that many cases will fit with it due to the thickness it adds to the sides of the iPhone.
Conclusion: This is a very nice screen protector, particularly if you are looking to reduce your blue light exposure. It is available directly from the manufacturer—the price was $35.91 at the time of this review:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: