Twig Case is a small Minnesota-based company that crafts beautiful, laser etched iPhone cases out of bamboo and an eco-friendly composite paper product called Richlite, fused onto a flexible shell made of a mix of TPU and silicone. The cases are then engraved with a variety of unique designs. The results are quite stunning, and allow you to enjoy the attractive, organic look of a wood case while still having the protection and ease of installation/removal afforded by TPU and silicone. Dozens of designs are available—I chose the pattern called ‘Vines’ for the sample that Twig Case kindly agreed to send me, but the decision was difficult due to the large number of beautiful choices.
1. Great designs and unique looking cases.
2. Eco friendly. Both bamboo and Richlite are environmentally sustainable.
3. Stiff back construction should resist bending, for those with ‘bendgate’ concerns.
4. Nice grippy pattern on the sides of the case, combined with the engraved pattern on the back, gives this case a good grip in the hand.
5. Buttons are easy to push and port openings are well sized.
6. Easy to install and remove from your iPhone.
1. The Twig Case has a nice grip, and offers some protection against drops, but it is not what I would characterize as a protective case. Its lip is rather minimal as well, so a screen protector might be a good idea with this case.
Conclusion: The Twig Case for iPhone 6+ is one of the most unusual and lovely cases that I have come across. If you are looking for something different for your iPhone, and are not in need of serious drop protection, then you should consider these unique products. Plus, by buying from Twig Case, you are not only supporting a small American manufacturer, you are also making an eco-friendly choice. Twig Case for iPhone 6+ will run you $49 for the iPhone 6 and $52 for the iPhone 6+ and is available directly from the manufacturer:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: