The new MagMount by Doc Artisan is a magnetic mount compatible with all phones, tablets and phablets that attaches via a combination of micro suction and suction cup for a super strong hold. You can stick it to your car window, your dashboard…any hard, flat surface should work. Unlike traditional suction cup mounts, the MagMount adheres securely to textured surfaces as well as smooth ones, yet it is easily removable with no adhesive residue left behind. The powerful magnetic plate on the MagMount is covered with a rubbery material which is gentle on your phone or tablet and holds your device extremely securely.
1. Easy Attachment and Rock Solid Grip: The MagMount adheres easily and securely to hard, flat surfaces and once installed, it holds your phone or tablet with a powerful magnetic grip.
2. A Snap to Remove and Reposition: Easily remove the MagMount from one place and change it to another. If micro suction becomes less sticky over time, it can be rejuvenated by wiping it with a wet cloth and letting it dry.
3. Powerful Magnetic Hold: Your phone, tablet or phablet will be held securely by the generously sized magnetic grip plate, assuming that it is using one of the supplied metal plates or is in an appropriate metal backed case such as Doc Artisan’s MagCase.
4. MagCase is Marvelous: The optional MagCase accessory—a leather wrapped phone case containing a hidden metal plate—is gorgeous and well made. Doc Artisan makes beautiful leather cases, and this is no exception!
5. Works with Doc Artisan’s Wallet Cases and Shells: If you already have one of Doc Artisan’s lovely wallet cases or shells, the MagMount will work beautifully with it.
6. Pivoting Ball Joint Head: Your device can be twisted and turned in a wide variety of positions due to the convenient pivoting ball joint behind the magnetic grip head.
7. Excellent Construction: Like all Doc Artisan products that I have come across, the MagMount seems exceedingly well made and should last a very long time. Plus, due to its versatile design,you shouldn’t need to change it when you change devices.
1. Attachment Surface Must be Flat: While textured surfaces are fine, an actual curve in the attachment surface will cause problems for the suction cup. If you are using the MagMount on your car dashboard, be sure to select an area which is completely flat.
Conclusion: Well made, and cleverly designed, this is an excellent product. The MagMount is currently in the middle of an Indiegogo campaign, and the early bird special will run you $30. Details on the MagMount are also available on Doc Artisan’s website.
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: