Looking for a reasonably priced slimline folio for your iPhone 6+ made of soft, supple, genuine leather, with a stand function? The Deskstand Folio by Mapi may be the case for you! This leather folio is just that—a folio. It is not a wallet case and doesn’t have a single card slot. However, as a result, it is very slim and slides quite easily into purses and pockets. In addition, its folio cover can be folded back in such as way that it doesn’t get in the way of the camera or the flash. This is unusual, and very welcome.
The Deskstand Folio comes in 7 different colors (black, dark brown, light brown, pink, green, yellow and blue), and I was lucky enough to get sent one in pink to review. The pink color is a very pleasant shade and I think there is a good chance it will look nice with the new Rose Gold 6s Plus I will be receiving on Launch Day. Fingers are crossed! I don’t have any official word from the manufacturer as to whether it will fit the 6s Plus, but many 6 Plus cases work with the 6s Plus, so I think the odds are good.
1. Lovely leather quality—nice pebbled texture is a pleasure to hold and provides a reasonable amount of grip.
2. Integrated stand works quite well and doesn’t add any noticeable thickness to the case.
3. Cover flap can be folded back such that it doesn’t interfere with the camera or flash.
4. Inside of cover flap is lined with a soft material which will be very gentle on your phone’s screen.
1. No clasp to keep the cover closed.
2. Drop protection is fairly minimal.
Conclusion: If you like leather folio cases, you will probably enjoy using this good quality, reasonably priced case. It comes in a variety of colors and is very pleasing. It is available directly from Mapi for $39.90:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: