Polished and professional in appearance, the Tech21 Impact Folio protects your iPad Air 2 and looks great doing it. Tech21 uses its proprietary FlexShock material, in conjunction with TPU, to surround the back and sides of your iPad Air 2 with impact protection, while the cover of this folio stand case is lined with additional FlexShock to protect the screen in the event of a drop.
I found this case to be very pleasing to use. One requirement of mine for a good folio case is that it must be able to stay shut when not in use, and the Tech21 Impact Folio does a great job there. A remarkably strong magnetic closure flap snaps the Impact Folio shut when you are done using it, and folds unobtrusively out of the way when you are using the Impact Folio in stand mode or with the cover folded flat behind the tablet. Tech21 obviously put a lot of thought into the design of this case and it shows.
* 6 foot drop protection.
* Flawlessly executed auto sleep/wake.
* Stable stand functionality with several standing angles as well as a typing position.
* Moderately high TPU lip around the edges of the screen should provide significant protection.
* Extremely responsive volume and sleep/wake buttons and nicely sized port openings.
* Folio cover has a nice feel in the hands.
* Magnetic closure flap is amazingly well engineered.
* Inner TPU/FlexShock case is a perfect fit for the iPad Air 2.
* Overall look of the case is polished and professional.
* Metal edge on the magnetic closure flap made me slightly nervous that it might whack into my screen sometime. I’m not sure that it could, but I have a paranoid streak.
* A bit on the heavy side due to all the protective TPU and FlexShock.
Overall, this case is very impressive. If you are looking for a professional-looking protective case that is a pleasure to use, definitely check out the Tech21 Impact Folio for iPad Air 2. It is available directly through Tech21 or via Apple for $79.99:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: