UAG makes great cases for the iPhone 6 Plus, so when they were kind enough to send me out two new colors for their iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6s Plus line, I was very excited. I had previously reviewed their UAG Valkyrie case for the iPhone 6 Plus—a lovely case in pink—so I had high hopes for these two new cases. Structurally the same as the Valkyrie, they differ only in the coloration and the fact that both use a translucent plastic as opposed to the opaque plastic of the Valkyrie. Like all their siblings they feature:
* Fused polycarbonate and rubber for a protective and surprisingly grippy case.
* Easy press buttons
* Nice protective lip around screen
* Slightly oversized corners that provide both drop protection and lay on the table protection and grip for the back of the case.
* Mil-Spec drop protection rated (MIL STD 810G 516.6)
* Reasonably easy to put on and take off
* Thin, stylish form factor
Although relatively grippy, the UAG Magma and Ash would be even more perfect, in my opinion, if they were just a little bit grippier. Other than that, they are pretty perfect, and the new translucent colors are fantastic. The Urban Armor Gear Ash and Magma Cases for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus retail for $39.95 and can be purchased directly from UAG, as well as on Amazon and at other retailers:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: