With a grippy, scratch-resistant exterior, slim profile and a full two meters of drop protection, the Griffin Survivor Journey is an excellent choice to protect your precious iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus. Its drop protection rating is the same as that of its cousin, the Survivor Core, but the Survivor Journey has an altogether sturdier feel to it. It is heavier than the Survivor Core and while the Survivor Core has nicely grippy sides, the Survivor Journey is grippy all over. Plus, as the Journey is covered with scratch resistant TPE, it is going to fare better long term than the beautiful, but scratch prone, Griffin Survivor Core.
* Polycarbonate frame and exterior TPE skin are a protective and grippy combination.
* Easy press, nicely clicky covered buttons
* Drop protection rated for a 6.6 ft (2 meter) drop
* Reasonably slim form factor: approximately the same size as the Thule Atmos X3/X4 and the Speck CandyShell Grip.
* Lip is a little on the low side. For better screen protection, I would prefer a slightly higher lip.
Conclusion: The Griffin Survivor Journey for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus is an altogether outstanding case and is definitely worth considering if you are in the market for a slim, drop protective case. It retails for $39.95 and can be purchased directly from Griffin, as well as from Amazon and other retailers:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: