The new Zagg Glass Luxe is an excellent tempered glass screen protector which is highly case compatible while providing edge to edge protection…or very close to it. Crafted from tempered glass fused to a polycarbonate frame, the Zagg Glass comes in five colors to match your iPhone: Rose Gold, Gold, Titanium, White and Black. Zagg was kind enough to send me out both the Rose Gold and the White, and both looked beautiful on my Rose Gold iPhone 6s Plus.
The Zagg Glass Luxe has an excellent oleophobic coating, great optical clarity, and an easy, bubble-free install. And, very unusually for a screen protector that advertises itself as ‘edge to edge’, it is quite case compatible. In fact, it fit with every case I tried it with:
- Spigen Tough Armor
- Apple Leather Case
- UAG Valkyrie
- Verus Verge
- Magpul Field Case
- Thule Atmos X3
- Thule Atmos X4
- Griffin Survivor Core
- Griffin Survivor Journey
- Speck Inked Jonathan Adler
- Doc Artisan Leather Wallet Case
- Speck CandyShell Clear
- Thule Atmos X4
- Speck GammaSheld
- Speck MightyShell
- Kavaj Dallas
- Ballistic Jewel
- RhinoShield PlayProof
- RhinoShield Crash Guard
- Tech21 Evo Tactical
- Speck CandyShell Grip
- Otterbox Symmetry
- Otterbox Strada Folio
This surprising degree of case compatibility is due, in my opinion, to the fact that the Zagg Glass Luxe is not truly edge to edge, just very, very close to it. This tiny gap at the edge allows most cases to fit with it, which is fantastic.
* Highly case compatible.
* Easy, bubble free installation.
* Good color match between polycarbonate frame and iPhone color, at least in the case of the Rose Gold version I reviewed.
* Excellent screen feel, optical clarity and oleophobic coating.
* Lifetime Replacement Warranty (shipping and handling fees apply).
* Not quite edge to edge. If you don’t use a case and are looking for a truly edge to edge screen protector, you might want to consider the Cinder or the Imos.
* Small amount of hazing on the sides of the screen protector where the clear glass meets the colored sides of the protector.
Conclusion: Overall, I think this is an outstanding screen protector. It fits with tons of cases, is easy to install, and has excellent optical clarity. With an MSRP of $44.99, the Zagg Glass Luxe for iPhone 6s Plus is available directly from Zagg as well as from other retailers:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here are my two YouTube reviews, for the two colors of the Zagg Glass Luxe: