Looking for a slim hardshell case with mil-spec protection that will protect both the front and the back of your iPhone 6s Plus from falls? The Speck CandyShell Wrap will do it with style! Speck’s first hardshell case for the iPhone, the CandyShell Wrap is basically a standard CandyShell on the bottom, with a hardshell folio cover grafted onto it. The folio cover is polycarbonate co-molded with TPE, just like the rest of the case, so it should provide excellent protection for your phone. As the folio cover fits into the space delineated by the case lip, it really doesn’t add any thickness to the case, which is fantastic. It has a clasp which keeps it very securely closed, and the folio cover folds over to the back for one handed operation. And even better, the cover is designed to fold back in such a way that it doesn’t block the camera. For the iPhone 6s Plus version, it will still block the flash a little if you have it folded back too far, but it is easy to adjust its position by a millimeter or so to the side and take successful flash photos. (Interestingly, when I looked at the iPhone 6s version of this case in Best Buy, it appeared that there was no flash blockage issue at all.)
1. Mil-Spec Protection: Drop tested to meet or exceed military standards, which I believe means surviving a series of 4 foot drops from various angles.
2. Stays Securely Closed: Securely latching hardshell folio cover should do an excellent job protecting the screen of your device.
3. Protective Lip: Nice amount of lip around the screen should also add to screen protection.
4. Nice Clicky Buttons: Rubber covered buttons are easy to press.
5. Use Camera with Cover Folded Back: Ability to take photos with folio cover folded back is wonderful.
6. Thinness: CandyShell Wrap is remarkably thin. It appears to be the same thickness as Speck’s standard CandyShell cases, so the folio cover adds essentially no thickness.
7. Talk on Phone with Cover Closed: Cutout on folio cover for ear speaker allows you to talk on your iPhone with the folio cover closed.
8. Nicely Made: Construction of the CandyShell Wrap seems top notch. My iPhone 6s Plus feels very well protected!
1. Flash Can Get Blocked by Cover: Flash photography is certainly possible with cover folded back, but you have to make sure that the cover is positioned so that it is not blocking the flash.
2. Scratching: Glossy polycarbonate shell is prone to scratching.
The Speck CandyShell Wrap is a super slim, tough little folio case that does a great job protecting your iPhone 6s Plus from life’s hazards. Its enhanced degree of screen protection is especially welcome, given that the screen is the part of the iPhone most susceptible to damage. For parents whose kids are toting around iPhones in their backpacks, the CandyShell Wrap is a slam-dunk. The securely latching hardshell cover should protect their fragile iPhones from the pencils, keys, and various other hazards lurking in their backpacks.
The CandyShell Wrap for iPhone 6s Plus is priced at $59.99 and is available directly from Speck as well as from Best Buy, Amazon, and other retailers:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: