Boasting 11.5 ft of drop protection, the amazingly thin and light Rhino Shield PlayProof sets a new standard in super-thin protective cases for the iPhone 6s+. Plus, it comes in a dizzying and ever-expanding array of colors and patterns (over one hundred and fifty at last count) and is just generally fun. And with a starting price of $24.99, it is very reasonably priced.
* 11.5 ft of impact protection. Wow. Just wow.
* Amazingly thin and lightweight.
* Tons of great designs and colors to choose from.
* Good protective lip around screen.
* Reasonably big port openings should work with most third party cables.
* Fits iPhone 6s Plus like a glove.
* Matte exterior seems pretty scratch resistant.
* Nice fit and finish.
* Matte exterior shell does not offer very much grip. Then again, if you drop your phone in this case, you are probably OK!
Conclusion: Like its predecessor, the Rhino Shield Crash Guard bumper, this is a case which seems almost impossibly protective given its slimness and light weight. Fit and finish are great, and there are a huge number of designs to choose from. It is currently available only from Rhino Shield, but this may change once it is out of pre-order status. The plain PlayProof cases are $24.99 and those with patterns are an extra $5, at $29.99. If you are interested in adding one of Rhino Shield’s impact resistant screen protectors, you can bundle it in at the time of purchase at a discounted rate:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: