In my quest for the perfect case for my Rose Gold iPhone 6s Plus, I thought I’d check out the new pink Speck CandyShell Grip. Speck was kind enough to send it out to me to review, and I’m very impressed with both its looks and its functionality. Of course, this is not my first experience with the CandyShell Grip. I’ve been a fan of this case style for a long time, and I think it is particularly well suited to the larger size of the iPhone 6/6s Plus, as that can be a more difficult phone to keep a firm grip on. In my opinion, the Speck CandyShell Grip is ideal for people who are looking for a grippy case that feels nice in the hand and provides military level drop protection. It does everything right. It has just about the perfect amount of lip, to protect the screen, and grip, to keep it from falling out of your hand or off a table. And if it does drop, your phone will probably be OK due to its drop protection rating. On top of that, the Speck CandyShell Grip is sharp looking and less likely to scratch than a standard CandyShell due to the rubber grip lines protecting the hard, shiny polycarbonate back.
1. Grip: Rubber grip lines on the sides and back of the CandyShell Grip make sure your iPhone stays securely in your hand.
2. Drop Protection: Rated to meet or exceed mil-spec drop standards.
3. Slim: Considering its drop protection rating, the CandyShell Grip is quite a thin case.
4. Nicely sized port openings and easy to press buttons: No problems with third party cables.
5. Good Protective Lip: TPE rubber lip provides crucial screen protection and ‘lay on the table’ design.
1. Prone to Scratching: Glossy polycarbonate back scratches easily, but will scratch less than a standard CandyShell due to protection from rubber grip lines.
2. Installation: Harder than some cases to install and remove, but really not that difficult.
Conclusion: Speck makes great cases, and the CandyShell Grip for iPhone 6s Plus is no exception. Retailing at $39.95, the CandyShell Grip is available directly from Speck, Amazon, and various other retailers:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: