Grippy case in fun color combinations with mil-spec drop protection? There’s a reason the Speck CandyShell Grip has been popular for years! I’ve reviewed this case in a number of different colors for the 6/6s Plus (White/Black, Black/Jay Blue, Quartz Pink/Pale Rose Pink), and the new Charcoal Grey/Dragon Green color combination is a great new addition to the pack. Attractive on both a white-faced and black-faced iPhone, the Charcoal Grey/Dragon Green CandyShell Grip looks great while providing excellent grip and protection for your iPhone 6(s) Plus.
2. Mil-Spec rated
3. Thin, considering its protection rating
4. Nice protective lip around screen should help minimize exposure to screen hazards.
5. Looks sharp!
6. Snug fit, but install and removal are not that hard.
7. Generous port openings should work with most third party headphones and lightning cables.
1. Shiny polycarbonate back will scratch, but the rubber grip lines help minimize this by keeping the polycarbonate from touching when the phone case is resting on flat surfaces. In addition, the grip lines provide a visual distraction that makes any scratches less noticeable.
Conclusion: Speck makes great cases, and the CandyShell Grip for iPhone 6s Plus in Charcoal Grey/Dragon Green is no exception. Many thanks to Speck for sending me out this sample to review. Retailing for $39.99, the CandyShell Grip is available directly from Speck, from Amazon, and from other retailers:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: