If you are looking for a full grain, vegetable tanned leather wallet case for your iPhone 6s Plus or 6 Plus, you should definitely check out Doc Artisan’s latest Sport Wallet case (v.5). With a removable inner phone case, excellent stand functionality, and a secure magnetic closure system, this gorgeous leather wallet case is a pleasure to use. With each version of the Sport Wallet Case (which began with v.1 on Kickstarter in 2013) there have been innovations and improvements. I first reviewed the Sport Wallet last year with v.3, and thought it was an outstanding product. Then Sport Wallet v.4 came out, adding a convenient stand functionality and a cutout in the outer wallet for the camera, and that was an impressive case as well…and now I have had the chance to review v.5. The fifth version of the Sport Wallet is the most feature rich of the Sport Wallet cases I have reviewed and it introduces a secure, magnetic flapover clasp to hold the wallet closed as well as an upgraded inner iPhone case.
* Outstanding materials and build quality: full grain leather is a pleasure to touch and construction is impeccable.
* Excellent grip: the distressed leather used in the case has a very pleasant, grippy feel in the hand.
* Magnetically attached inner phone case is secure, yet easy to attach and detach from the wallet.
* Inner phone case has been enhanced with v.5: it now features a leather lining and a more dockable design. It snaps easily onto and off of your iPhone and has a great, grippy feel in the hand. I prefer it to the Apple Leather Case due to its superior materials and better grip.
* Excellent landscape media stand.
* Outer wallet case has a cutout for the camera, so photos can be taken while the inner phone case is both inside and outside of the wallet case.
* Magnets in the case do not cause any functionality issues with your phone: Apple Pay works perfectly. They should also not affect Optical Image Stabilization, NFC or harm your credit cards in any way.
* Magnetic flapover closure is easy to use and extremely secure.
* With three card slots, one clear ID slot, and two large slide pockets, Sport Wallet will hold quite a bit without bulging.
* Inner phone case is compatible with Doc Artisan’s MagMount and other magnetic mounting systems.
* Magnetic flapover closure adds thickness to the case. Plus, when it is not being used to close the wallet case, it is a little bit in the way. You can fold it around to the back, and it will magnetically adhere there, but it does make the wallet feel thicker that way.
Conclusion: With lovely full-grain leather, four card slots and two slide pockets, a magnetically attached inner phone case, versatile media stand functionality, upgraded inner iPhone case, and a sturdy magnetic flapover closure, Sport Wallet v.5 will do a great job holding and protecting your valuables and will look classy doing so. With an MSRP of $95 ($85 for the iPhone 6/6s version), the Sport Wallet is available directly from Doc Artisan and comes in three colors: black, brown, and tan. Many thanks to Doc Artisan for providing this sample to me to review.
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: