Cobalt, UAG’s newest color for its iPhone 6s Plus cases, is a deep, translucent blue that practically glows. One of nine colors in UAG’s composite case lineup for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, it looks and feels great on your phone while providing mil-spec protection.
* Fused polycarbonate and rubber for a protective and relatively grippy case. The materials themselves are not that grippy, but due to numerous grip lines and indentations, the overall result is a medium-grip case that still slides easily into and out of pockets and bags.
* Easy press buttons.
* Nice protective lip around screen.
* Slightly oversized corners that provide both drop protection and lay on the table protection and grip for the back of the case.
* Mil-Spec drop protection rated (MIL STD 810G 516.6).
* Reasonably easy to put on and take off.
* Thin, stylish form factor.
* The two mystery holes on the back of the case are kind of interesting, but present a potential scratch and dirt hazard.
Conclusion: Overall, like its siblings, the UAG Cobalt is an excellent case for the iPhone 6s Plus. Thin, reasonably grippy, and mil-spec drop rated, the UAG Cobalt will protect your iPhone and look great while doing it. The Urban Armor Gear Cobalt for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus retails for $39.95 and can be purchased directly from UAG, as well as from Amazon and other retailers. Many thanks to UAG for sending me out this case to review:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: