The Tylt Energi sliding battery case is an excellent product for people who want the security of a battery case, but who who don’t want it on all the time. With the Tylt Energi, you can slide on the battery section when you need it…and slide it off when you don’t. It’s a very elegant solution, and nicely implemented.
* Doubles your battery life with its 3500 mAh battery.
* Allows pass-through charging and syncing.
* Charging stops automatically when iPhone battery reaches 100%.
* Two piece design, with removable inner case, allows for greater flexibility.
* Case features pleasant, soft touch finish with a nice grip. Feels nice in the hand. Inner case is quite slim, but still has a lip to protect the screen.
* Inner case is easy to get on and off. Outer battery case slips smoothly on and off the inner case. Modular design means you don’t need to be worried about scratching your phone when you are sliding it into the battery case…the worst that will happen is that you will scratch the inner case.
* Minimalist design. On and off button also contains the charge level LEDs, so everything is all in one place.
* MFI certified
* Backed by Tylt’s one year warranty.
* Doesn’t come with headphone extender, and headphone jack is extremely recessed. However, the company will send you out one for free upon request.
* Phone will charge as well as the Tylt case when plugged into a wall outlet; however, power button on the back of the Tylt case must be pressed in order to initiate the charging sequence. Otherwise, only the case will charge.
* Unlike some competitor cases, Tylt Energi is not drop rated. However, case looks like it should provide at least some level of protection in a drop.
With its flexible, innovative design, the Tylt Energi can be a great choice for those who want a battery case…but don’t want it on all the time. Retailing for $79.99, the Tylt Energi is available from Tylt and from various retailers.
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: