Like the size and sleekness of the Apple Leather Case, but want something with more grip and protection? Check out the Evutec Karbon SI. Made of Kevlar fibers bonded to a layer of TPU, this case gives you mil-spec drop protection and fantastic hand feel for about the same size…and price…as the Apple Leather Case. It is easy to get on and off your iPhone, although once it is on, you won’t want to take it off because it feels so good. Seriously, since I put this case on my 6s Plus, I keep reaching over to touch it. It just has a fantastic hand feel. It has grip without being tacky, and still slides in and out of pockets with ease. It is simply a wonderful case.
* Meets or exceeds mil-spec drop test standards.
* Excellent hand feel, with a medium amount of grip and great pocketability.
* Subtle woven texture on the back of the case is very attractive.
* Buttons are clicky and easy to press.
* Port openings are generous and should accommodate most third party headphones and lightning cables.
* Easy to install and remove.
* At $49.95, it is on the pricier side.
I’ve reviewed lots of cases for the iPhone 6s Plus, and in the category of super slim protective cases, the Karbon SI has become my new favorite. Its combination of mil-spec protection, extreme thinness and fantastic hand feel is unmatched in my experience. I love this case! Its only drawback is its relatively high price of $49.95…which is the same as the Apple Leather Case, and I like the Karbon SI better. The Karbon SI is available in four designs: the Brigandine (which is the one featured in this review), the Kalantar, the Brewster, and the Osprey and can be purchased directly from Evutec as well as from other retailers. Many thanks to Evutec for sending me out this sample to review:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: