If you are looking for a reasonably priced iPhone 6s Plus case with mil-spec drop protection, you might want to check out the VRS Design Thor. It is a bit on the bulky side, and doesn’t provide much grip, but it has mil-spec drop certification, comes in a bunch of nice colors including a very attractive Rose Gold, and is usually available at Amazon for between $15 and $18.
* Meets mil-spec drop test standards.
* Very reasonably priced for a mil-spec protective case.
* Port openings are generous and should accommodate most third party headphones and lightning cables.
* Excellent color match with the Rose Gold iPhone.
* High lip should provide good screen protection.
* Easy to install and remove.
* Buttons are a little stiff.
* Neither the polycarbonate back nor the TPU sides are very grippy.
* Exposed Apple logo window on the back is attractive, but exposes your iPhone to a scratch hazard.
* Fit around the port openings is not perfect: there is a small air gap present.
Conclusion: The VRS Design Thor retails for $27.99, is available in six colors (black, blue, pink, gold, rose gold and silver) and can be purchased directly from VRS Design as well as from other retailers. Many thanks to VRS Design for sending me out this sample to review:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: