The Speck CandyShell Grip is ideal for people who are looking for a grippy case that feels nice in the hand and provides military level drop protection. This is a case that does everything right. It has just about the perfect amount of lip to protect the screen, and features an industry-leading grip. And if it does fall, your phone will probably be OK due to its drop protection rating. On top of that, the Speck CandyShell Grip is attractive and is less likely to scratch than a standard CandyShell due to the rubber grip lines protecting its shiny polycarbonate back.
* Grip: Rubber grip lines on the sides and back of the CandyShell Grip make sure your iPhone SE stays securely in your hand.
* Drop Protection: Rated to meet or exceed mil-spec drop standards.
* Slim: Considering its drop protection rating, the CandyShell Grip is quite a thin case.
* Nicely sized port openings and easy to press buttons: No problems with third party cables.
* Good Protective Lip: TPE rubber lip provides crucial screen protection and ‘lay on the table’ design.
* Prone to Scratching: Glossy polycarbonate back scratches easily, but will scratch less than a standard CandyShell due to protection from rubber grip lines.
* Not Easily Pocketable: Grip lines can make this case harder to slide in and out of pockets.
Conclusion: The Speck CandyShell Grip has always been one of my favorite iPhone cases, and the version for the iPhone SE is no exception. This is a great, grippy, lightweight case that makes your iPhone feel very safe and secure. With an MSRP of $34.99, the CandyShell Grip comes in 11 colors and is available directly from Speck as well as from a variety of other retailers. Many thanks to Speck for sending me out this sample to review.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1SWWqln (affiliate link)
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: