The Sena All-New Magnet Flipper Case for iPhone 6s Plus boasts an outstanding magnetic clasp, very nice leather and an unusual design. Most folio cases open to the side, but this case flips down from the top…a very helpful design feature both for photography and for keeping the cover out of the way when you are talking on the phone. In order to reap its maximum photography benefits, you have to take all your shots in portrait mode; otherwise you have to contend with the folio cover while holding the phone case on its side. But for portrait oriented pictures (and while talking on the phone) the cover hangs down out the way in a very convenient manner. For phone conversations, you can also fold the folio cover up behind the phone case, but I found that to be less pleasant to hold. The Sena All-New Magnet Flipper also features a single card slot in its vertical folio cover, and one that turns out to be surprisingly capacious. I was able to fit three cards in it without any difficulty, and the case still closed perfectly with all three cards inside.
- Strong magnetic clasp does an excellent job of keeping this case closed securely.
- Card slot in folio cover will hold up to three cards easily.
- Closes perfectly even with three cards inserted into its single card slot, with no gaps or bulges.
- High protective lip should provide protection to your iPhone screen. In addition, the case itself has a hard shell and seems as if it should provide at least a modest amount of protection to your phone in the event of a fall. There is no drop rating on this case, however, which is quite typical of this genre.
- Port openings for headphones and lightning cables when the cover is closed are reasonably generous and many third party cables and connectors should fit just fine. When the cover is open, the entire bottom of the phone is uncovered, so you definitely won’t have any fit issues in that instance.
- Leather is genuine and case seems very well made. Two leather types are available: a smooth nappa leather and one with an embossed crocodile pattern.
- When the cover is folded back behind the case, it can feel a little uncomfortable…at least in my hands. This is highly variable, however, and probably depends a great deal on hand size and other factors.
- Buttons are covered, and work fine, but do not have a satisfying click when pressed.
Conclusion: Overall, this is quite a nice folio case. Although it doesn’t advertise itself as a wallet case, it handles 3 cards in its single card slot with aplomb, and doesn’t evidence the slightest gap when closed. The magnetic closure is elegantly implemented, with no awkward straps or contrivances, and it works extremely well. With an MSRP of $59.95, the Sena All-New Magnet Flipper for the iPhone 6s Plus and 6 Plus is available in 5 colors: Croc Brown, Croc Crimson, Croc Black, Black and Tan and can be purchased directly from Sena as well as from other retailers. This case is also available for the iPhone 6 and 6s the same price. Many thanks to Sena for sending me out this sample to review.
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review:
Read more on Tech-Reviewer.com…