With the CandyShell Inked Luxury Edition, Speck has jazzed up its standard CandyShell offering by adding beautiful, high-res graphics and a very superior matte metallic finish. The result is quite striking, particularly in the Hawaiian Silk design that Speck was kind enough to send me out to review. It looks even more beautiful than the Hypnotic Bloom design that I reviewed last fall. I would characterize the CandyShell Inked Luxury Edition as being two steps above the regular CandyShell. First, like the CandyShell Inked case, it features wraparound, high-res graphics protected by a scratch and fade resistant coating. However, unlike the glossy polycarbonate finish on the Inked series, the Inked Luxury Edition features a matte metallic finish which should be extra scratch resistant. Of course, Speck is not going to add all these lovely features for free: you pay a $15 premium over the price of the standard CandyShell or CandyShell Grip, and a $10 premium over the CandyShell Inked.
- Protective: meets or exceeds military drop test standards.
- Beautiful designs with wraparound, high-res graphics: make your iPhone stand out from the crowd!
- Matte metallic finish: unlike a glossy finish, the matte finish on the CandyShell Inked Luxury Edition is more resistant to scratches and looks just beautiful.
- Nice lip: the CandyShell Inked Luxury has the same nice, protective lip as the rest of the CandyShell line, which should provide good protection to the screen in the event of a fall.
- Generous port openings: like all the Speck cases I have ever reviewed, the port openings are large, and shouldn’t cause any issues with third party cables.
- Nice clicky buttons: covered with TPE rubber, the buttons are well protected and a pleasure to press.
- Well sized camera opening: no flash back issues.
- Excellent pocketability: slides easily into and out of pockets and handbags.
- Expensive: Pricier than a standard CandyShell case!
- Not much grip: if you like grip, you might want to look at a case such as the CandyShell Grip or the MightyShell. On the positive side, its pocketability is outstanding!
Conclusion: Overall, this is a stunning case which will look great while providing mil-spec rated protection for your iPhone 6s+ or iPhone 6 Plus. As previously mentioned, it is more expensive than a standard CandyShell case, but the extra features will definitely be worth it for some users. The CandyShell Inked Luxury Edition is available directly from Speck as well as from Amazon and retails for $54.95 for the iPhone 6s Plus version:
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review:
Read more on Tech-Reviewer.com…