Considering a leather folio case, but don’t like having to open the cover to answer incoming calls? Want to store a few cards, but don’t want to haul around a thick, bulky case? You should definitely check out Doc Artisan’s new Card Folio. Available for the iPhone 6/s and 6/s Plus, the Card Folio is quite slim, stores up to three cards, and allows you to view and answer incoming calls, view song info, and time and date without opening the folio cover.
It is definitely a bit of a departure from their better known Sport Wallet Case line, known for its magnetically detachable inner phone case and large capacity storage, as it is much slimmer, does not feature a detachable phone cradle and has much more limited card storage. However, its slimline profile is very appealing for people looking for a thinner case, and its two info windows are a handy enhancement to the case…particularly for people who receive frequent incoming phone calls. While the info windows do reduce the folio’s screen protection somewhat, the use of a screen protector (not included) should mitigate this risk. Finally, one very nice enhancement to this case is its outstanding magnetic closure. No straps or additional clasps are necessary: the magnetic closure is integrated into the folio cover and works perfectly.
- Excellent leather quality. The full grain cowhide used in this case has a smoother, more refined finish than the distressed leather finish on Doc Artisan’s Sport Leather Wallet cases. This looks and feels great, but has slightly less grip.
- Card slot on back of case accommodates up to three cards with minimal bulk. Thumb slot allows for easy card removal.
- Information windows in folio cover allow you to view caller id and answer or reject calls without opening folio cover.
- Strong magnetic clasp keeps folio cover securely and elegantly closed.
- Easy installation and removal.
- Quite slim even with three cards inserted in card slot.
- Like most cases of this sort, this will provide only limited protection in the event of a drop.
- Info windows in the folio cover are completely open and thus do reduce screen protection somewhat. Use of a screen protector should reduce the risk of screen damage, but one is not included with the case.
- Unlike most of Doc Artisan’s cases, the Card Folio will require the use of a metal plate in order to use their MagMount magnetic car mount system. Fortunately, such plates come included with the MagMount and other similar magnetic mounting systems.
Conclusion: Overall, the Doc Artisan Card Folio is a really great case. Personally, I don’t have large card storage needs, so the three card limit of the Card Folio is more than enough for me, and I really appreciate its slimline profile and fine quality leather. I also love its magnetic closure system, and the information windows in the folio cover are a fun touch. Available in tan, brown, black, and blue, the Card Folio for iPhone 6s Plus/6 Plus retails for $75.00 (and $10 less for the iPhone 6/6s version) and can be purchased directly from Doc Artisan. Many thanks to the kind folks at Doc Artisan for sending these cases out to me to review!
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: