If you love minimalistic bumpers crafted from premium materials and you aren’t put off by a $127 price tag, you would do well to consider the VESELcase Wood Series Bumper for iPhone 6s Plus. Although rather lacking in protection, this extremely slim bumper is both unique and well made and truly sets off the beauty of your iPhone. Plus, given that it is made by a small European company, the likelihood that you are going to run into anyone with the same case is very low. VESELcase has a number of different product lines, but their Wood Series is made from a combination of high end aluminum and premium wood in a number of colors and wood varieties to complement the various iPhone colors. This bumper is quite unusual in that it requires a screwdriver for installation and removal…however, VESELcase kindly includes a tiny, custom screwdriver expressly for that purpose, as well as extra screws, a certificate of authenticity, and a excellent microfiber cloth. Installation and removal are surprisingly easy, despite the need for tools.
- Elegant design.
- Nicely constructed from premium materials.
- Exceedingly slim.
- Beautifully packaged.
- Minimalistic design both complements and showcases your iPhone’s beauty.
- Unusual: this bumper will definitely make your iPhone stand out from the crowd.
- No signal loss: the combination of wood and aluminum together seems to resolve the reception issue common to many aluminum bumpers.
- Lightning port opening is very small and will only accommodate lightning plugs that are the same size as the Apple OEM ones. This is clearly disclosed on the product information page, however.
- Bumper provides very little grip.
- Drop protection is expected to be very minimal.
- As a bumper, the VESELcase leaves your iPhone vulnerable to scratching on the back as well as the normal screen scratch vulnerabilities. A clear back protector (not included) can be used to mitigate this risk.
- High cost.
So…exclusivity, beautiful craftsmanship, gorgeous bumper, what’s not to love? Well, in my particular case, the lack of drop protection, minimal grip and high product cost are definite negatives for the VESELcase Wood Series bumper. However, this really may be perfect for some people—it all depends upon what you are looking for in a phone case. Available in nine color combinations, the Wood Series Cases for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are available directly from VESELcase for $127.07 USD (if purchased outside the E.U.) or $155.02 if purchased inside the E.U. due to VAT. (Interestingly, separate versions for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are also available on their website for slightly less: the tight tolerances of this bumper apparently necessitate separate versions.) Many thanks to VESELcase for sending me out this sample in Frozen Rose Gold and Pear for the iPhone 6s Plus to review.
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review:
Read more on Tech-Reviewer.com…