Searching for the perfect wristlet for your iPhone 6(s) Plus? Crafted from premium genuine leather, the Doc Artisan IrisLili Wristlet has tons of card slots and slide pockets, and boasts a magnetically detachable leather iPhone case to boot! Your iPhone not only gets its own little matching leather case, it also has its very own microfiber lined section in the IrisLili Wristlet, so that it is never in danger of rubbing up against anything else in the bag. Personally, this is one of my favorite features of this bag. So often I have come across a small bag which is perfect for my iPhone 6s Plus, except for the lack of a dedicated phone area. Without such an area, my precious iPhone might be forced to rub up against keys and coins and various other dangerously scratch-inducing items and this would not be good for my mental health. So I was very pleased to see a dedicated phone section in the IrisLili Wristlet. Not only does your iPhone get its own section, it also attaches securely to the magnetic back wall of its compartment due to the embedded metal in its leather wrapped case. This is a bag designed around your iPhone, and it shows.
However, it doesn’t skimp on its other wristlet duties. When you turn over the microfiber lined flap separating the iPhone section from the rest of the wristlet, you uncover a wealth of storage space: 11 card slots, a clear ID window, 3 slide pockets, and one zippered pocket. The slots are quite capacious and you can fill this up with cards and cash and still zip the wraparound zipper closed with no problem. You can even carry larger items such as a passport!
- Excellent leather quality. Leather is smooth, soft and a pleasure to touch.
- Zipper and wrist strap are well made and easy to use.
- Magnet on the back wall of the wristlet holds your iPhone 6s Plus in place very securely.
- Included leather phone case is well made and easy to install and remove. Embedded metal in the back of the phone case makes it compatible with Doc Artisan’s MagMount as well as with many other third party magnetic mounting systems.
- Phone reception is unaffected by the embedded metal plate in the phone case, and the magnets in the back wall of the wristlet are not strong enough to interfere with the iPhone’s Optical Image Stabilization, Compass or NFC (Apple Pay) functionality. They are also not powerful enough to damage credit cards, although they might be able to damage hotel key cards and other temporary use mag stripe cards.
- Wristlet protects your credit cards by blocking them from RFID scanners.
- Phone case will provide very little in drop protection if phone is dropped while outside the wristlet. If dropped while inside the wristlet, however, it should be fairly well protected.
Conclusion: Overall, this is a great little wristlet for your iPhone 6s Plus. So few bags are actually designed around the needs of your iPhone: the IrisLili Wristlet was, and it shows. Available directly from Doc Artisan, the Wristlet retails for $100 for the black Pebbled Leather iPhone 6(s) Plus version shown in this review; there is also a black Quilted Leather Version for $110. Similar models for the iPhone 6 and 6s are also available and their pricing structure is $10 less. Many thanks to Doc Artisan for sending me out this sample to review.
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review: