The LifeProof FRE Power for the iPhone 6s Plus combines a battery case with a waterproof case for a very powerful combo indeed. Unfortunately, and perhaps unavoidably, the resulting case is rather large and heavy. If you only want to have one case, and you need both battery and waterproof functionality, than this case is great for you. It performs both functions well. However, do be aware of the size/weight tradeoff.
- Passed waterproof test without incident.
- Doubles your iPhone’s battery life.
- Multifunction battery button is easy to use and LED indicator lights are nice and bright.
- Supports pass-through charging, and syncing is also possible through micro-usb port.
- Easy installation and removal.
- Headphone extender cable included.
- Case has a good amount of grip, and the hard plastic back panel has a matte, highly scratch resistant finish.
- Screen responsiveness is excellent: TouchID, 3D Touch, Control Center and Notifications all work perfectly. Texting and typing response is very good; any screen gap is minimal.
- Large and heavy.
- Volume and power buttons work fine, but are rather stiff. Mute switch is easy to operate and works perfectly, however.
- The built in screen protector suffers from a small degree of rainbowing and like all plastic screen protectors, it is much more susceptible to fingerprints and smearing than a glass screen would be.
- Audio quality is ok for music and incoming calls, but callers may have a harder time hearing you. Use of speakerphone improves call quality.
Conclusion: Overall, the FRE Power for iPhone 6s Plus/6 Plus is a good quality case with a strong feature set, but be sure you actually need all of its specialized features before making the leap. If you are just in the market for a waterproof case, the LifeProof FRE is much smaller and lighter weight, as is the NUUD, and you might want to consider just purchasing a separate battery case if you don’t need the extra battery life and waterproofness at the same time. The FRE Power is available directly from LifeProof as well as from other retailers and has an MSRP of $149.99. It comes in both the blue pictured here as well as a black with grey accents. Many thanks to LifeProof for sending me out this case to review.
http://amzn.to/2bD7mDX (affilate link)
Finally, if you’d like more details, here is a link to my YouTube review:
Read more on Tech-Reviewer.com…