Waterproof to an impressive five meters and drop protective to two, the Catalyst case for iPhone 6s Plus has an impressive skill set. And at $74.99, it comes in at a lower price point than many competitor cases. The construction seems very solid, it has reasonably good audio quality, a fairly slim profile and nice grippy sides. However, the built in screen protector on this case is not as responsive as I’d like and it seems especially smear prone.
- Submersible to 5 meters, while most competitor cases are only waterproof to 2 meters.
- Drop protective to 2 meters.
- Solid construction.
- Nice grippy sides.
- Port openings are a bit larger than on many waterproof cases and will accommodate some third party headphones and lightning cables.
- Reasonably good audio quality, particularly where music and incoming call audio are concerned.
- Excellent, easy to use, mute switch wheel.
- No issues with TouchID, 3D Touch, and swiping to access Control Center and Notifications.
- Screen protector is not as responsive as those on many waterproof cases and tends to smear easily.
- Buttons are hard to press.
- Outgoing audio is not as good as incoming audio, but using the speakerphone makes call quality quite a bit better.
- Harder to remove than many waterproof cases, perhaps because its level of waterproofing necessitates a tighter seal.
Conclusion: The Catalyst case for iPhone 6s Plus is feature rich, but its screen protector issues do detract from the overall package. Available directly from Catalyst as well as from other retailers, the Catalyst case for iPhone 6s Plus/6 Plus retails for $74.99 and comes in four colors: Black and Space Gray, White and Mist Gray, Green Pop, and Rescue Ranger. The Floating Lanyard retails for $24.99, for the orange version, and $19.99 for a less expensive black version. Many thanks to Catalyst for sending me out these samples to review.
http://amzn.to/2czQFPl (affiliate link)
http://amzn.to/2bOSKag (affiliate link)
More on Tech-Reviewer.com…