With mil-spec drop protection for the body of the case and 2x shatter protection for the screen protector, Speck’s CandyShell + Faceplate case provides significant protection for your iPhone SE. Available in eight different color combinations, the CandyShell + Faceplate provides good drop and impact protection while still remaining quite slim. While the CandyShell case, with its co-molded glossy polycarbonate exterior and rubber interior, is no doubt familiar to most people, the Faceplate screen protector may not be. An adhesive plastic screen protector with a frame that is color matched to its CandyShell case mate, the Faceplate gives you twice the shatter protection of your naked iPhone screen. Because it is an adhesive screen protector, there is no air gap between the screen and the Faceplate, so typing and swiping feel very natural. Screen sensitivity is also quite good. Swiping up for Control Center and down for Notifications is made a little more difficult by the presence of the frame around the Faceplate, but it still works fine.
- Protects your phone: Meets or exceeds military drop standards and provides 2x shatter protection.
- Slim profile: Faceplate adds basically no thickness to the CandyShell as it fits within the margins of the case.
- Good screen sensitivity: No issues with typing, texting or swiping.
- Well designed: Nice, clicky buttons and good sized port openings.
- Bubbling: Users may encounter small air bubbles upon installing the screen protector. I had one at the bottom, by the home button, that did not want to go away.
- Scratches and smears: Unfortunately, the glossy polycarbonate finish of the CandyShell is prone to scratching, and the Faceplate, like all plastic screen protectors, has more of an issue with smearing than a glass surface does.
Conclusion: Overall, I think the CandyShell + Faceplate is a solid product for the iPhone SE/5/5s. It provides good protection in a nice, slimline package, and is cheaper in many cases than buying a separate case and screen protector for your phone. Available directly from Speck as well as from other retailers, the CandyShell + Faceplate comes in 8 color combinations and has an MSRP of $44.95. Many thanks to Speck for sending me out this sample to review.
http://amzn.to/2c04R4r (affilate link)
For more details, check out my YouTube review:
More at Tech-Reviewer.com…