UAG’s new Plasma line offers translucent, beautiful, military drop standard protection for iPhone 7 Plus. Currently available in three colors: Ice, Ash and Citron, the Plasma line excels at showing off the beauty of your new iPhone while providing reasonably grippy mil-spec protection. However, UAG’s decision to make this case compatible with both the iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus means that there will be odd design aspects for both phones that detract slightly from the case overall. If the case is being used with the iPhone 7 Plus, the fact that the bottom of the phone still includes a cutout for the headphone jack is not visually appealing, and if the case is being used with an iPhone 6s Plus, the camera opening will be grossly oversized.
- Fused polycarbonate and rubber for a protective and relatively grippy case. The materials themselves are not that grippy, but due to numerous grip lines and indentations, the overall result is a medium-grip case that still slides easily into and out of pockets and bags.
- Easy press buttons.
- Nice protective lip around screen.
- Slightly oversized corners that provide both drop protection and lay on the table protection and grip for the back of the case.
- Mil-Spec drop protection rated (MIL STD 810G 516.6).
- Reasonably easy to put on and take off.
- Thin, stylish form factor.
- ‘Mystery holes’ that were present on the back of the previous year’s UAG cases are no longer present.
- Less rubber on the sides of the Plasma case as compared with the previous year’s version gives the case slightly less grip.
- Decision to make the case compatible with both iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus is questionable.
Conclusion: Overall, the UAG Plasma is an excellent case for the iPhone 7 Plus and the Ice color looks especially fantastic on a matte black iPhone. For the iPhone 6s Plus, however, it is less optimal due to the size of the camera opening. The Urban Armor Gear Plasma for iPhone 7 Plus/6s Plus retails for $39.95, comes in three lovely translucent colors and can be purchased directly from UAG, as well as from Amazon and other retailers. Many thanks to UAG for sending me out this sample to review.
http://amzn.to/2cwzmwh (amazon affiliate link)
More on Tech-Reviewer.com