The Ballistic Jewel case is a clear case that offers the user a (mostly) slim profile, a grippy material, and an impressive 6 foot drop protection. Now, I say that this case has a ‘mostly slim profile’ because it is pretty slim all over, except for the corners, which flare out considerably. This is a signature design aspect of Ballistic’s cases and I suspect it works very well to protect your iPhone. Corners are a major weak point on most phones and by protecting the corners, Ballistic protects the screen as well. At any rate, the big corners of this case aren’t really that noticeable because you are generally holding the case in the middle, rather than on the corners, so you don’t notice them as much as you otherwise would.
- Great grip! This case is highly non-slip.
- Nice protective lip works with the protruding corners to offer excellent protection to your iPhone’s screen.
- Excellent ‘lay on the table’ design protects both the screen and the back of the case from scratching.
- Easy to install and remove.
- Good, secure fit on the iPhone 7 Plus.
- Clear case really shows off the beauty of your iPhone 7 Plus.
- 6 foot drop protection!
- Corners are kind of big 🙁
- Grippy material does attract lint to some degree, but it isn’t that bad.
- Clear case material may yellow over time.
Conclusion: Overall, the Ballistic Jewel is a very solid, protective case at an excellent price point. Available directly from Ballistic, as well as from various retailers, the MSRP of the Jewel is $19.99 and it is currently only available in the Clear color featured here. Many thanks to the kind folks at Ballistic for sending me out this sample to review.