Looking for a protective case for your iPhone 7 Plus, but want to maintain a slimline profile? Check out the OtterBox Commuter! This grippy case features port protection, has a nice lip and very clicky buttons. It also shows off the Apple logo on the back of your iPhone, for people who like that look. It is quite similar to its cousin, the OtterBox Symmetry–both are slim, protective cases with a good lip and good grip. However, they do have some important differences. For one thing, the Commuter is a two piece case, so it’s a little more time consuming to install than the Symmetry. It also features port protection, which is something the Symmetry does not have, and if you like to show off the Apple logo on the back of your phone, you are definitely going to lean toward the Commuter as the Symmetry does not have that feature.
- Slim profile.
- Certified to meet or exceed the requirements of OtterBox’s Drop+ Protection program.
- Nice, clicky, easy press buttons.
- Good grip due to the rubber on the sides of the case.
- Shows off your Apple logo through the opening on the back of the case.
- Port cover for lightning port helps keep out dust and dirt.
- Exposes the back of your case to potential scratch and dent hazards due to opening for the Apple logo on the back of the case.
- Harder to put on and take off than OtterBox Symmetry, and slightly thicker than the Symmetry, although marginally shorter.
- Lightning port opening is slightly smaller than that on the Symmetry and may not fit many third party lightning cables.
- No longer comes with a plastic screen protector included.
With an MSRP of $49.95, the Commuter for iPhone 7 Plus comes in four colors and is available both directly from OtterBox as well as from many other retailers. Many thanks to OtterBox for sending me out this sample to review.
http://amzn.to/2d1GylJ (Amazon affiliate link)
More on Tech-Reviewer.com…