With a clear polycarbonate back and a choice of four colored TPU sides, the Pelican Adventurer provides slimline, military grade drop protection for your iPhone 7 Plus. Unfortunately, of the four color choices, only the clear sided option was available at the time my review sample was sent out, and I think that this color is probably the most challenging of the bunch. Clear TPU is well known for its tendency to yellow over time, and my sample was somewhat yellow even just out of the box. The other color choices (grey, pink and green) maintain the same clear back, but their colored sides shouldn’t have the same yellowing issue. Other than that, this case has a nice feel in the hand and a reasonable degree of grip. The fact that it is certified to meet military drop test standards is quite reassuring as well.
- Mil spec drop protection.
- Clear back shows off your new iPhone 7 Plus.
- Generous lightning port opening should fit many third party lightning cables.
- Good protective lip should help protect your screen.
- Protruding camera is well protected.
- Pleasant feel in the hand.
- Easy to get on and off your iPhone.
- Limited lifetime guarantee (conditions apply, of course).
- Like all clear, glossy polycarbonate cases, this case is likely to scratch.
- The flexible TPU sides feel nice in the hand, but like all clear TPU case materials, there is a risk of yellowing. My review sample was a bit yellow already, which does not seem to bode well for the future. However, there are three other case colors ( grey sided, pink sided and green sided) which should not suffer from this problem.
With an MSRP of $39.99, the Adventurer for iPhone 7 Plus is available directly from Pelican, as well as from a variety of other retailers. Many thanks to Pelican for sending me out this sample to review.
http://amzn.to/2ewUrre (amazon affiliate link)