Looking for a lightweight bike mount solution for your iPhone 7 Plus that is quick to install and easy to attach and detach your phone from? Check out the Quad Lock Bike Mount system! With a retail price of $69.95, this mounting system includes a case, a weather-resistant Poncho cover, and the bike mount itself. The bike mount attaches quickly and easily to either your bike’s stem or handlebars by means of what Quad Lock calls o-rings (and what look like really nice, thick, rounded rubber bands to me) and zip ties. I was a little skeptical about the security of this attachment method, but to my surprise, it does a great job in attaching the bike mount very securely to the handlebars. I wasn’t able to try attaching it to my bike’s stem because my stem was too short to accommodate the mount, however.
Once the mount is installed, which takes a few minutes at most, your iPhone can be attached and detached from the mount with ease. To attach, line up the mount with the cutout on the back of the case and turn in a clockwise direction until it locks into place. To detach, press down on the blue collar on the mount to unlock the phone and twist counterclockwise to release. Once attached to the Quad Lock mount, your phone feels remarkably solid and secure. I tested it both on road and off road and was quite impressed with the stability of the mounting system.
- Easy to install bike mount—no tools necessary and quite secure once in place.
- Mounting your iPhone in the Quad Lock case onto the Quad Lock mount is extremely easy and very secure. Removal is equally easy.
- Quad Lock phone case is well made and fits well on the iPhone 7 Plus.
- Lightning port opening is reasonably generous and should fit many third party lightning cables.
- Buttons are easy to press and nicely clicky.
- Raised protective lip protects your screen and gives the case good ‘lay on the table’ protection.
- Soft microfiber lining on the interior of the case is gentle to your iPhone.
- Case has a pleasant, soft touch TPU finish that gives it a nice degree of grip.
- Case fits well with case compatible tempered glass screen protectors.
- Case will not lie flat on a table due to the mounting area on its back.
Overall, the Quad Lock Bike Mount system is simple, nicely made, easy to use and works well. Due to product shortages, I did not get a chance to review the full ‘Bike Kit’, which retails for $69.95 and consists of the bike mount, the case, and a so called ‘poncho’ accessory which can be used to cover the phone case in inclement weather. I reviewed the bike mount and the case, but the poncho was sadly unavailable. The Bike Kit is clearly the best deal, as the component pieces run $29.95 each for the bike mount and the case, and $24.95 for the poncho, but you can save a little by buying the bike kit and case separately if you feel sure you will never use the poncho. These products are all available directly from Quad Lock as well as from other retailers. Many thanks to Quad Lock for sending me out these samples to review.
Poncho (not reviewed)