Foldable, lightweight and very functional, the Zagg Pocket Keyboard is compatible with both iOS and Android devices and will fit both smartphones and small tablets. The ‘Pocket’ part of the name only really applies to certain types of pockets: a suit jacket pocket will work perfectly, while most jeans pockets would be a poor fit. If you do a lot of typing on your phone or tablet, however, you might find the Zagg Pocket Keyboard to be an indispensable companion.
- Keyboard turns off automatically when folded up to preserve battery life, and turns on when unfolded for use.
- Charges via micro-usb.
- A single battery charge will last up to 3 months, assuming an average of one hour of daily use.
- Works with both iOS and Android devices. During pairing, select fn + I for Apple devices or fn + A if pairing with a device running an Android operating system.
- Perfect for both smartphones and small tablets. Larger tablets such as the iPad Air 2 will not fit on the device shelf securely.
- Nice key action.
- Keyboard is 85% of the size of the keyboard portion of a full size keyboard, so it is pretty big, but you still have to get used to different key spacing at first.
- Supports copy and paste keyboard shortcuts, which is very useful.
- Built in magnets do a good job of keeping it folded up properly, yet it is still easy to unfold.
- Outer finish is somewhat of a fingerprint magnet.
The Zagg Pocket Keyboard retails for $69.99 and is available directly from Zagg as well as from other retailers. Many thanks to the kind folks at Zagg for sending me out this sample to review:
http://amzn.to/2fEg1sO (amazon affiliate link)