With a slightly frosted clear back and pleasantly grippy sides, the Symmetry Clear provides excellent protection for your iPhone 7 Plus and has a great feel in the hand. Unlike previous versions of the Symmetry Clear, which had crystal clear backs, the Symmetry Clear for the 7 Plus has a frosted interior which slightly blurs the appearance of the back of your iPhone. This is mostly noticeable on the matte black and jet black iPhones—lighter colored iPhones are not affected as much.
- Certified to meet the standards of OtterBox’s Drop+ Protection program.
- Good grip from the rubber on the sides of the case.
- Slides easily in and out of pockets due to the smooth case back.
- Polycarbonate back will not yellow.
- Relatively high lip provides good screen protection.
- One piece design is easy to install and remove.
- Excellent build quality.
- Buttons are a bit on the stiff side compared with the other Symmetry series cases that I have reviewed.
- Glossy polycarbonate back has a scratch resistant coating, but will probably still show scratches over time.
- Polycarbonate back has a frosted interior finish, so it does not have a crystal clear appearance on your phone. This is most noticeable for the two black colors of iPhone; probably the gold, rose gold and silver are less noticeably affected.
Overall, the Symmetry Clear is a very nice case and should provide solid protection for your iPhone 7 Plus. It comes in three colors: Black Crystal, Clear Crystal and Stardust, and is available directly from OtterBox as well as from other retailers at an MSRP of $49.95. Many thanks to the kind folks at OtterBox for sending me out this sample to review.
http://amzn.to/2icn6AX (amazon affilate link)