Looking for a slim, scratch resistant case with a great grip and over 6 ft of drop protection? Check out the Thule Atmos X3 for iPhone 7 Plus. The Atmos X3 was one of my favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus, and it now it is even better for the iPhone 7 Plus. My main gripe with the previous version of the X3 was its overly low protective lip around the screen. With the iPhone 7 Plus version, this has been replaced by a nicely sized lip that should do a great job in protecting your iPhone’s delicate screen.
- 6.6 ft drop protection.
- Great grip on both the sides and the back of the case.
- Generous lightning port opening should fit many third party lightning cables.
- Excellent protective lip around the screen.
- Buttons are metal covered, and very easy to press.
- Camera opening is lined in black to avoid flash issues and is high enough to protect the protruding camera.
- Rubber on the back of the case will help keep the phone case from sliding around on tables or dashboards.
- Slim form factor.
- The fit on the bottom of the case, around the lightning port opening and speaker/microphone area, is a bit on the loose side and doesn’t seem as sturdy as the rest of the case.
Overall, this is a fantastic case that should do an excellent job in protecting your precious iPhone 7 Plus. It is nicely grippy, has a slim profile, and has a pleasant feel in the hand. Available in 3 colors (white/dark shadow, fiery coral/dark shadow and black), the Atmos X3 retails for $29.95 and is available directly from Thule as well as from other retailers. Many thanks to Thule for sending me out these samples to review.